We accept most forms of payment: Cash, Visa, Discover, Master Card, American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Bank Transfer, Synchrony Financing, or CityBikes's gift cards. We do not accept personal or third party checks. For your safety and convenience, use the online payment link we text or email to you (by using it you agree to pay the total amount according to card issuer agreement, subject to the terms and conditions below).
Prices and Availability - we match verified lower prices within the tri-state DMV area.
We make every effort to maintain current, accurate (and affordable) prices and availability in our on-line catalog. Our prices and availability are subject to change without notice. We appreciate your understanding should any of the prices or other information provided be incorrect and regret any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you may find to our attention on your next visit or by texting or sending us an e-mail.
Warranty - Bikes get 2 Free Tune-ups - after 30 Days & 1 Year (E-bikes 100 & 1000 Miles) - Lifetime Free Adjustments.
Warranties against defects vary by manufacturer, but bike frames are usually 5 years to lifetime, parts and accessories usually 2 years, with exclusions.Free adjustments refer to minor adjustments that do not require mounting in the workstand (insurance regulations require us to record a workstand transaction) and at the tech's discretion. At CityBikes & ElectriCityBikes, we are constantly curating our product selection from the most reputable brands, weeding out any problem items before they become a headache for you. Despite our best efforts, issues do come up, if so bring it back to the shop asap. We will be your intrepid advocate with the manufacturer's warranty departments, even if you are past your warranty coverage. Please check out warranties on specific products before purchasing. Links can change but here are a few of the most significant ones Specialized Jamis Gazelle Tern Shimano SRAM Riese & Müller
City Bikes is taking every possible measure to keep our clients and staff safe during this crisis:
- Indoor store visits limitations - If you are interested in a bike, please contact us via text chat to make an appointment or to answer any questions. Currently we are only allowing clients shopping for a bike inside the store, one at a time, and all clients & employees are required to wear mask and gloves at all times. Appointments get priority service - if there is a line, text us when you are outside.
- Contactless Payments - please plan to use the secure online payment link we send you. We are avoiding cash to keep us all safe.
- Contactless Repairs - you are strongly encouraged to use our quick drop-off service in order to get an estimate. A sanitizing fee of $6 applies to all incoming and outgoing bikes - we spray the bike down with disinfectant.
- Bike Availability - Supply chain constraints during the crisis have seen expected delivery dates from our suppliers get keep getting pushed out due to logistics challenges that are beyond our control. It is highly recommended to pre-order a bike you are interested in (asap) to guarantee your place on the waiting list. Likewise prices keep increasing without notice, so payment in full is necessary to lock in your price. Items we have on backorder show PREORDER ONLY (delivery dates vary). Please submit and order and we will confirm with our best guess on delivery.
- Pickup and Delivery - Two hour delivery pickup and delivery options are available at an additional fee of $20 for the first 7 miles. Text us for more details.
- Parts Sourcing the entire industry is struggling to keep up with demand. Just finding non-stock parts can often take longer than the repair itself. In some cases our 1rst choice may be not be available for 6+ months, or involve 2nd or 3rd choices, or a work around that may involve replacing other parts to ensure compatibility. Your tech will reach out via text to get approval for the $30 fee before we go hunting. A sanitizing fee of $6 for disinfecting all bikes coming in and out is required.
- Returns/exchanges of wearable items (helmets or clothing) are not permitted because sanitizing may make them unsellable.
Repair - Terms of Service - We guarantee the quality of our workmanship for 30 days after you pick up your bicycle.
When you drop off your bike with us, we expertly diagnose the labor and parts needed and send you a no obligation* estimate via text or email for your approval. Our team takes take great pride in our work and guarantee the quality of our workmanship for 30 days after you pick up your bicycle. Any new components that are installed during your repair are also covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Need an Adjustment? Just stop by and we're here to help. As we work on your bicycle, we sometimes find parts needing replacement that were not apparent during our check-in - if it will increase the cost more than 10% we will text you for approval.
*The diagnosis is usually free, with some exceptions (pre-approved by you) where there is a fee for certain electric bike issues or to hunt down difficult to obtain parts.
- We will send you a no obligation* estimate via text or email for your approval.
- Mandatory sanitizing fee of $6 to disinfect bikes incoming and outgoing.
- Storage fee applies 7 days after completion. $6 per day.
- Not responsible for goods left over 60 days, they will be donated to charity.
- For the security of your goods, we cannot handover bikes without a printed workorder or valid government issued ID
* Electric bikes usually require additional services, non-stock part sourcing during Covid subject to $30 fee, excessively dirty bike subject to $45 cleaning.
E-bikes may require deeper investigation of the motor, battery, electronics, firmware or internally geared drivetrain to complete the work. With enough time (labor) we will most likely be able repair almost any bike. Sometimes we can exhaust all possible avenues and despite our best efforts, we may still not be able to fix it, either because parts are not available or it is damaged beyond repair. For e-bikes there may be a $99 charge to pay prior to beginning diagnosis, which can be used towards the final labor charges on your workorder. If you are still under warranty for a bike purchased at our shop, this fee is waived. Your service advisor will inform you of any foreseeable risks and itemize deposit requirements for your approval via text after you drop your bike off.
Online Orders & Pre-Orders
Please be patient during this time of crisis - our priority is to serve clients at the shop, and we try our best to work on a first come, first served basis regardless of how you shop with us. Online orders for in-stock items are processed the next business day and should be available up to 72 hours later. So for example if you place an order on Friday night, we would not process that till Monday, and delivery should be on Tuesday. Bikes require exit tuning for safety, which may be delayed depending on how many clients are waiting, which during the crisis may delay the delivery up to 48 hours, we will contact you with an exact pickup day/time.
Note that our online availability can have glitches where it shows items that are no longer available. Online stock levels update overnight and due to supply shortages, bikes might be sold out by the time we process online orders the next business day. All online orders (or pre-order) must be picked up within 30 days after which item will be returned to stock and your store account will be credited, subject to restocking fee for non-stock item. Please text us if you need something sooner or to verify stock.
Pre-ordering guarantees you will receive priority backorder status based on order date, and we will contact you directly to approve a backorder.
Exchanges, Returns & Refunds
If there’s a problem with a product that you purchased from us, please bring it back to us asap to see if we can make things right. If it is defective, we will be your intrepid advocate with the manufacturer's warranty departments. Please check out warranties on specific products before purchasing.
- Product must be new or like new condition in original packaging in order to return or exchange.
- Labor fees, such as custom wheel builds or other services, are non-refundable
- Bikes can be returned or exchanged within 14 days. E-bikes subject to a $1 per mile additional charge.
- All other goods - 30 days, subject to sanitizing and restock fees.
- All return or exchange items, (including special orders from date of order), are subject to a 20% restock fee.
- All inner tube and non-stock special order sales are final.
- Refund will be applied to the original form of payment.